Why Choose A Wooden Garage Door03/16/2014 Back To Blog
Natural wood still remains one of the most beautiful and classy materials for garage door manufacturing as well as other products. The first garage doors were made of wood, but at this time garage door openers did not exist, neither the current accessories. In fact, the use of aluminum led most people in Idaho to choose cheaper solutions for their garages. Still, wood garage doors remain beautiful and can give character to our home.
The pros and cons of a wooden garage door
- The appearance and value of your investment are the most important advantages. Today, you can even find materials that imitate the appearance of wood, but they don’t have its main properties.
- Wood is the best insulating material and that’s very important, especially to houses that are attached with the garages since they contribute significantly to the insulation of the whole house.
- If you are planning to buy a wood garage door, you should consult a garage door company in Sun Valley about the torsion spring garage door required. Wood is heavy and demands extra support, so you might need to make some changes in the other garage door parts of the mechanism as well.
- Natural materials react easily to the natural phenomena and, hence, your wood garage door may present cracks or dents. As an overall, wood needs excessive treatment and care as well as frequent coating applications. You can read here how you can maintain your wood door.
- Most of the times, the wooden doors are more expensive than the aluminum overhead doors or the other materials. Of course, today you can find multiple choices and the price will also depend from the various accessories. But you must keep in mind that the wood doors will cost you more not only when you buy them, but also when you maintain them.